Monday, September 6, 2010

The dirty " C" Word

We have a 9th grade student at our school who will loose her leg this Friday because of cancer. She was a healthy softball player who got hit in the leg and after tests for pain that would not go away was diagnosed with this cancer. She has all ready undergone intense treatment, lost her hair and now will loose her leg. The other issue is that they found a spot on her lung so the focus will be on more chemo. I hurt for her.
Another peer who i love and whose family has been part of mine for 20 years was diagnosed with leukemia on Saturday. She starts her radiation tomorrow.
Our ex-neighbors mom is also fighting cancer that has gone to her brain. She is currently on a trip to Scotland which will be her last adventure. I sincerely hope she has the time of her life.
My dear friend's mom is also battling cancer. She has finished her chemo and now will undergo all the testing to see if it has stopped. She just celebrated her 70th birthday.
Thank you for the health of my children. Thank you for me life. I will continue to stand in the gap for these precious loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment