Sunday, June 3, 2012

First ASR Run

Ya know. running has been a part of my life since i was in High School.  I loved long distance running, with so many things in my life i couldn't control this was the one thing that allowed my mind to be quiet so i could relax.  To this day i love the feeling i get the endorphins that quiet my brain.  I love encouraging others to run and for the longest time ran alone.  Now Brian has joined the fun, i know he loves it as much as i do.  For Mothers Day he got me a Road ID, very thoughtful gift.  I wear it proudly.  I also run with Kimberley Miller, we both love to run together.
Today was the first time i ran with Atlanta Southside Runners.  We met to run at 6:00 am and i had some anxiety about this new adventure.  I had nightmares i would get lost, be the last one and never find the finish line.  It was a group of mostly men and some gals.  The guys took off and i could tell they were faster than i will ever get.  It is still fun to be with a group of people who share this passion.  Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment