Friday, January 8, 2010

I am moving....

After all that is the inspiration for my blog. Keep moving. When i was growing up and living in different situations I found that moving "physically" helped me cope with the emotional issues i was struggling with. In my childhood years there were not social workers in schools and no one talked about sexual or emotional abuse. You just dealt with it and moved on. Literally. i knew i was different and I knew I did not belong but could never put my finger on what was different about me. I was very skinny and do not have many memories of that time. I am ok with that. I do remember that I was a great long distance runner. i loved to run. It would exhaust my mind so that i could relax my body. Now years later i still truly enjoy that time to regroup with myself. I taught aerobics for years when the kids were young, i loved doing it and motivating others to do it with me. I found wonderful friendships and shared that bond with many mothers. I am so thankful to have a healthy body. I am thankful that I have a gym near my home that I can go to. This week i have been to the gym 4 times and have walked 5 miles on the treadmill at home. It has been a great start after the holiday celebrations to get back to it!!!

1 comment:

  1. To the right, 2, 3 ,4.

    :) That was my grapevine tribute to you. :)

    ReplyDelete