Monday, January 18, 2010

Seeing my baby

My baby girl is 20. She has just started nursing school. AS in 3 weeks ago. She is a precious child who loves to laugh, can be very indecisive, knows right from wrong and loves her family. So it hurts to see she is seeing someone we all DO NOT LIKE! From the first time I met him I was trying to be open minded about this young person who had all ready done it all better, faster, bigger etc.
I know of another gentleman like this and I am glad he is no longer married to one of my BFF's. But seeing all the pain she went through leaving him was hard. I continue to pray for my girl and I believe in her and know in my heart she will continue to learn and grow and one day look back on life's lessons with a wiser heart. I miss her so much! But today she is coming home and I will welcome her with open arms ! Memorizing and absorbing every second with her. Being a mother never ends. I always want the best for my children. I want them to have the knowledge that they can do anything they set their mind to, they CAN have it all. (All meaning an abundance of people you love who love you, a family that is far reaching) But it does take hard work and discipline. I pray she continues to grow under God's watchful eye. I am reminded that at a young age she accepted Jesus and asked to be baptized after seeing her sister transform into a new creation also. Mark and Sandee spoke with her and even tried to get her to wait until she was older but she said "no." She heard that quiet still voice. I will wait and continue to pray. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works , which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment